January 2, 2015 § 3 Comments
Hello to all of you!
First of all: A Happy New Year to everybody around the world!
I am convinced that this year is gonna be fabulous for all of us! Important and wonderful things are going to happen and we should make sure that we seize every day!
Thinking about this post I decided to summarize this past year and write about what has happened here on the blog. It was a good year for sparklingcrane. First, it all started this year in September and it has been going great since then. And I need to thank all of you my lovely readers for that! Without you this little corner of the world wouldn’t be what it is and I hope that for 2015 it will become even greater. So here we go:
- We spent a wonderful summer-time in Mexico with Jav’s family (and mine) which you can read about here.
- Within this trip we also went to see my amazing host family in the U.S., Philly, I wrote about it in my posts about Philadelphia (part 1, part 2 and part 3).
- While I was there I also met my friend Julie from high school and she was so kind to write a little guest post for sparklingcrane, you can read all about it in her college gift guide.
- The Manhattan Skyline was another highlight we enjoyed and I posted about it here.
- One of your favorite was my series, 3 Days in New York, you can check out day 1, day 2 and day 3!
- Shortly after arriving back to Germany my Mexican sister came to spend the holidays with us and we had a great first night in Berlin, so read my post!
- For the holidays this year I chose to write about Christmas celebrations around the world. You can find the United States, China, Mexiko…
- …and last but not least Germany!
- We had wonderful days of Christmas (link) and I was invited by Julie to write a little blog post – Christmas around the World.
And what is going to happen in 2015? I have a million of ideas for the blog, some wonderful treats for you, new travel adventures and a lot more! To keep you tuned, here is a little heads up:
- A winter-wonderland in Germany.
- Good luck in Prague.
- An art event in Magdeburg.
- Cathedrals and more about my home town.
- An afternoon in princeton.
- Dresden and its sights.
- Opera, castles and Freud in Vienna.
I thank you so much for reading today and keep checking in here on sparklingcrane! Happy New Year and happy reading!
December 13, 2014 § Leave a comment
A great Saturday to you all!
I am back this week with some thoughts on places that I would like to visit or haven’t been to at all yet. Some time ago Javier went on a trip to Paris together with his sister. They had a wonderful time and made as much as possible out of there fairly short trip. Unfortunately I needed to stay home due to my studies. But of course they took a billion of pictures, so now I can look through them and dream of going to Paris myself. Can you believe it, I have been living in Europe for 20,5 years and I have never been to Paris. Yet.
But check yourself what sights they visited and what a great time they must have had:
It just looks all so pretty to me and makes me wanting to go there like right now:). What do you think? Have you ever been to Paris? Or where would you like to go to these days?
Thank you all so much for reading (and looking) today and talk to you soon!
November 29, 2014 § Leave a comment
A beautiful and cold (:)) good morning to all of you!
We don’t celebrate Thanksgiving here in Germany but anyway it’s always a good time to say thanks! So…: Thank you so much for reading here on sparklingcrane today and everyday if you are a steady reader :)! Each time my readership is growing and it makes me so happy and thankful for you guys who make this blog so great! I hope you will keep coming back and enjoy to read this blog of mine. And if you have any questions or wishes for new blog posts, just shoot me an email (email@example.com) or simply leave a comment or contact me on any other social media.
These days I have been thinking back of our summer 2013. We first went to hungary and enjoyed some nice time at the baltic sea and then we went to Vienna on our way back home. Vienna is such a great city! It is classy and historical, but also modern and hip. I will give you some of our impressions today – and who knows, I might be back there pretty soon :)!
Have you ever been to Vienna? Would you like to go?